LANified! 19: Running With Knives

Please post any good or bad feedback you have here. Feedback helps us improve services, or know that our services are appreciated.

LANified! 19: Running With Knives

Postby Xiphos » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Thank you for attending LANified! 19: Running with Knives. Feedback is an integral part of improving on the event, and we would love to hear positive and negative feedback on the event, as well as any suggestions that could help improve the quality and consistency of future LAN parties.

How did you hear about the event?

Was it easy to sign up for and/or pre-pay for the event?

What did you enjoy about the event?

What did you dislike about the event?

What are some things that you could see being improved upon to make your experience better?

Would you attend another LANified! event?

If no, why not?

On a rating of 1-5, 1 being the worst, and 5 being the best, how would you rate the overall experience participating in tournaments? (Examples: Fluidity of matches, server quality, format, overall organization, prizing)

If there is anything else you would like to say, please write it here!
YEE
Xiphos

Re: LANified! 19: Running With Knives

Postby JonzyCS » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Yes, literally two clicks and it was done.
Pretty much everything about it, the atmosphere the people there...
Probably the fact nobody streamed the games, my friends couldn't watch the games haha
What are some things that you could see being improved upon to make your experience better?
Stream the games, maybe get a projector as well so the people not playing could watch the games.
For sure.
If no, why not?
N/A
On a rating of 1-5, 1 being the worst, and 5 being the best, how would you rate the overall experience participating in tournaments? (Examples: Fluidity of matches, server quality, format, overall organization, prizing)
JonzyCS

Postby alienCS » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:37 am

didnt pre pay but it looked pretty simple

friendly admins and well planned brackets

improper map selection (should go to a pick and ban system to remove the RNG of bad maps)

a stream/ GOTV connection would be amazing, it would get alot of viewers

yeah you did a better job at managing time then spangler ;)

If no, why not?

5, my only complaint is the fact that prize pools are based only off pre-orders rather than total income at the start of the event.

thank you cripstix
alienCS

Postby DeaDBau5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:27 am

BloodyIron
yeap, would suggest other alternatives to paypal but I use paypal so.
Basically everything, would like a bigger prize pool and more people.
Not as many teams as I would have liked to have seen, but quality people (for the most part) Admins where quick to answer questions, and games progressed smoothly. Map choosing needs an overhaul tho, Pick, Pick, Ban, Ban, Random.
Better advertising, more mini tornaments (out of game as well as in) Knife for sides, RnG doesnt belong in skill based games.
Absolutely
If no, why not?

3.5-4
4th - Team Dream.ca (forfeited 3rd/4th placing match R-R-R-R-R-R-RAAAAAGE QUIIIIIT) Cya next time ;) better practice some more maps :)
DeaDBau5

Postby Rafficka » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 am

Google and Reddit mostly.

Absolutely!

The positive vibe surrounding the event, and the amount of friendly people! Great admins too (thanks zak ;) )

Blatant cheater on one team, no demo's to prove it. Map selection system was horrid. Nametags were awesome but a bit flimsy.

Official livestream of the games maybe? Banning maps to pick, demo recordings. Better chairs haha.

Oh yeah! It was a great experience and a lot of fun, would definitely show up again! Next time I'll be sure to prepay so I can have a sexier nametag!

If no, why not?
N/A

4, again map selection is just brutal, it opens the doors for a team to practice just one or two maps and force them upon the other team, then absolutely roll them. The servers were fantastic, experienced no lag whatsoever. Almost every attendee was friendly and fun to play with. Admins did their job very well. Overall a fantastic experience with some room to improve, but would definitely recommend trying to get some dedicated PC's for the matches.

Brody "Alien" Jameson is a scumbag and should be banned from future LANs. I was yelling my ass off due to his team being douchebags to TheSilver5. Something big is coming Brody ;)
Rafficka

Postby Jankygoatsmugla » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:38 am

Quick Google search landed me on the lanified page

Ezpz

The people were awesome and the games were a lot of fun :D

I wish more people showed up but that's about it really.

I second the stream/projector suggestion so people can watch the games

Definitely

If no, why not?

4, it went smoothly and the servers were awesome (dat lan ping doe) but I agree with the pick ban suggestions.

Dat beef doe
Jankygoatsmugla

Postby nerve » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:07 am

Didn't prepay, but its just paypal so.
Fun to play with locals and have a good time.
The heat ;_;

For sure
If no, why not?

4~ prizing felt a bit skewed because 2nd place requires a large amount of prepay rather than the entries being totaled and split.
DE_SEASON
No coin toss for map, it should be pick/ban for each side and the last one random of the remaining maps - then just knife for side choice.
nerve

Postby NiggyAzalea » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:04 pm

zakizdaman wrote:Thank you for attending LANified! 19: Running with Knives. Feedback is an integral part of improving on the event, and we would love to hear positive and negative feedback on the event, as well as any suggestions that could help improve the quality and consistency of future LAN parties.

Friends who have been to it before.

Yes, it was very self explanatory.

The atmosphere and the competitiveness.

Nothing.

The chairs I guess.

Yes, definitely.

If no, why not?

5. Server quality was great, Internet was great, Admin were nice.

NiggyAzalea

Postby Gears » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Janky
Ezpz lemon squeezy
Meeting locals who had the same passion that I did (Albeit sharing it in different ways XD)
Chairs
Chairs and having demos saved, want to re-watch the epic finals, so close!
For sure, it'll get me out of retirement.
If no, why not?

5, Was mostly paying to meet and hang out with friends this weekend!

Rematch between Team Alien and Deadbau5!

Lets go!
Gears

Postby igamiwarrior » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 pm

BloodyIron on Steam.

I clicked a few things it was easy.

The giveaways and the Arms Race mini tournament. Thank you so much for the knife.

The fact that I was really sick the whole time and that I was unlucky and didn't find a team to play Counterstrike with. Can't complain though I was offered a lot of help with that, it was only last minute circumstances resulted in me being teamless. My problem would probably have been solved if more people showed up. (Only I would have still been sick)

From what I saw and heard the pick and ban system for maps could have been improved. I had no idea that the Arms Race mini tournament was live.

Finding a team and playing some fun LAN Counterstrike games. Some sort of stream or projector (no caster required) put in the other room in some way for spectators to watch during down time rather than creeping behind people.

Of course, assuming that I have an open work schedule and I play the main game featured at the event.

4. The arms race tournament was really fun. Servers were solid. Prizing for the arms race tournament was better than expected. In terms of prizing for the main tournament the plaque idea was extremely cool, only the monetary prize pool could have been a tad higher depending on the amount of people there.

I loved the trashtalk between the teams it was hilarious. People shouldn't be banned for this, as long as trashtalk is non threatening in nature it should be allowed. You should also make someone record demos of the games in console, and upload them on the site. Not only would these be fun to go back to and watch, it would also ease peoples doubts on cheating happening on the event. (I am 100% sure there wasn't any cheating at the event)
igamiwarrior

Return to LANified! Feedback