TF2 teams?

Discussion regarding gaming of any kind as well as lan partying.

TF2 teams?

Postby Snaz » Mon May 28, 2012 11:52 pm

I am going to be coming down for this years LAN party. Though wont be bringing any friends that play TF2. Is there anyone out there in the same boat that might want to set up a team before the LAN and mess around on some servers? I'd hate to show up and not have a team to play with...
Reply here or add me on steam.

Steam ID: snaz101
Name: Snaz
Snaz

Re: TF2 teams?

Postby BloodyIron » Tue May 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Hey Snaz!

It's cool that youre coming. Just as a heads up, we very recently re-launched our TF2 server, the address is tf2a.lanified.com . Check it out! As for a team, one of the benefits of our format is making a team is really easy, since it's 3v3. I'm going to mention this thread on our facebook page, and if you want to keep up with our facebook stuff, you can find it at http://facebook.lanified.com .

We also run a bunch of other stuff such as Mumble which you're free to use, and you can find that stuff at: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5176 . Our TF2 server isn't in that list yet because I haven't had the chance to update it.

I'm sure it wont be hard for you to find a team. One thing to note is that the banned weapons list will be updated before the LAN, so keep that in mind. If you have any further questions, just let me know ;D

Oh, also. Have you considered signing up/prepaying for our event? Maybe you missed that part. Once you make an account on our site, you need to actually sign up for each event that you want to attend. Then if you want to prepay, you click on the prepay button once you're signed up. Prepayment is instant, so if you have any issues, let us know right away!

BloodyIron =^^=
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Postby Snaz » Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey BloodyIron,
I'll check out the server tonight. Are the weapons whitelisted on the server already? Yeah I saw the blacklist weapons, no worries, I really only use the stock weapons (+ gunslinger, YER, and Amby).
Is the server open to pubs? or is it only available via the server browser?

I put up 5 or 6 posters in Sexsmith (near Grande Prairie) and I'll be throwing some up in Grande Prairie later in the week. I also posted a link to the site on Reddit.com/r/tf2

Hopefully it can draw some attendance :D Seems not very many people have pre-registered yet.

I will be doing that as soon as my boss gives me the O.K. for the Monday off so I can stay for the SSBM and TF2 comps.

Cheers,

Hey Snaz!

It's cool that youre coming. Just as a heads up, we very recently re-launched our TF2 server, the address is tf2a.lanified.com . Check it out! As for a team, one of the benefits of our format is making a team is really easy, since it's 3v3. I'm going to mention this thread on our facebook page, and if you want to keep up with our facebook stuff, you can find it at http://facebook.lanified.com .

We also run a bunch of other stuff such as Mumble which you're free to use, and you can find that stuff at: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5176 . Our TF2 server isn't in that list yet because I haven't had the chance to update it.

I'm sure it wont be hard for you to find a team. One thing to note is that the banned weapons list will be updated before the LAN, so keep that in mind. If you have any further questions, just let me know ;D

Oh, also. Have you considered signing up/prepaying for our event? Maybe you missed that part. Once you make an account on our site, you need to actually sign up for each event that you want to attend. Then if you want to prepay, you click on the prepay button once you're signed up. Prepayment is instant, so if you have any issues, let us know right away!

BloodyIron =^^=
Snaz

Postby BloodyIron » Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Snaz,

TF2a is not setup with a whitelist. It is a 6v6 pub server, with a twist! We have crits off, damage spread and weapon spread off. Map voting occurs near the end of each round. On this server we do not plan to whitelist. We try to attract skilled players, but still keep it publically accessible. It is listed.

Cool beans on the posters and on reddit! I can't find your reddit thread though?

I'm not sure how long the drive is to GP, but the event ends at 6pm, so that may still be enough time for you to get home?

-BI

Snaz wrote:Hey BloodyIron,
I'll check out the server tonight. Are the weapons whitelisted on the server already? Yeah I saw the blacklist weapons, no worries, I really only use the stock weapons (+ gunslinger, YER, and Amby).
Is the server open to pubs? or is it only available via the server browser?

I put up 5 or 6 posters in Sexsmith (near Grande Prairie) and I'll be throwing some up in Grande Prairie later in the week. I also posted a link to the site on Reddit.com/r/tf2

Hopefully it can draw some attendance :D Seems not very many people have pre-registered yet.

I will be doing that as soon as my boss gives me the O.K. for the Monday off so I can stay for the SSBM and TF2 comps.

Cheers,

Hey Snaz!

BloodyIron =^^=
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Postby Snaz » Tue May 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Awesome, can't wait to log in tonight. 6v6 is my favorite.

Hasn't got much traffic yet:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/ua ... mpetition/

The Drive is roughly 7 - 8 hours from Calgary, maybe a bit longer because it is south end. I don't want to have to make that drive back after two days of straight gaming.
Good to hear you have it set up properly (no crits, no spread, etc). I had a server for a while, but couldn't figure out for the life of me how to admin it very well...
Snaz

Return to Gaming/LANning discussion