Legal Age

Discussion regarding gaming of any kind as well as lan partying.

Legal Age

Postby MDC » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:43 pm

On the event page, it talks about ID to check for legal age. Is it in this case 18 or something else??
MDC

Re: Legal Age

Postby BloodyIron » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:18 pm

The ID is more to validate identity, not age. The statement "Legal ID" is more ID that can be used legally to prove identity, not age. So, while I'm uncertain if it would constitute a form of "Legal" ID, we would accept High-School ID, but by the same token we would also except Post-Sec (say UofC) ID too, which I'm pretty sure would constitute legal ID.

Sorry that it was confusing! The event is all-ages!

Do let me know if you have any more questions :)
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Postby MDC » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:42 am

BloodyIron wrote:The ID is more to validate identity, not age. The statement "Legal ID" is more ID that can be used legally to prove identity, not age. So, while I'm uncertain if it would constitute a form of "Legal" ID, we would accept High-School ID, but by the same token we would also except Post-Sec (say UofC) ID too, which I'm pretty sure would constitute legal ID.

But the waiver is necessary to be signed by the parents if you under 18, correct? Where do you get the waiver anyway?
MDC

Postby BloodyIron » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Waivers are mandatory for everyone, not just those under-age, but those who are under 18 need to have their waiver signed by their parent/legal guardian. We put the waivers on the relevant event details page, we have not yet posted the latest waivers, but there is a section on the coming events for the waiver that we will update very soon with the corresponding link to the waiver for that event. Waivers are provided at check-in at the event in person.

MDC wrote:
BloodyIron wrote:The ID is more to validate identity, not age. The statement "Legal ID" is more ID that can be used legally to prove identity, not age. So, while I'm uncertain if it would constitute a form of "Legal" ID, we would accept High-School ID, but by the same token we would also except Post-Sec (say UofC) ID too, which I'm pretty sure would constitute legal ID.

But the waiver is necessary to be signed by the parents if you under 18, correct? Where do you get the waiver anyway?
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Return to Gaming/LANning discussion