- Our new Counter-Strike: Global Offensive local server
BloodyIron on Mon, November 3rd, 2014 @ 1:53 am.
In response to our recent interest in CSGO, at our last LAN, we have spun up a new CSGO server that is configured with competitive settings. Due to how VALVe handles matchmaking it is not in the matchmaking queue, but it is available for your use, and others' too! But why bother? There's lots of other servers out there, right?
Not necessarily. We have the configurations setup to reflect what's important to competitive players namely:
- friendly fire on
- max 10 players
- bomb timer of 35s
- alltalk off
- many other settings used in competitive matches
You, your team, your friends, whoever, are welcome to use it as you see fit. We are hoping that it will be used to help grow the local competitive scene, but it's a public service, use it as you see fit.
The address is: csgo1.lanified.com:27020
We will be working to improve it over time, so if you want to see any changes, do let us know!
- Our Minecraft Multiverse, come join us!
BloodyIron on Thu, October 16th, 2014 @ 4:03 am.
A few months ago we launched our Minecraft Multiverse ( original post : http://www.lanified.com/news/details/84188 ), later we updated some of our systems to pro-actively address griefing before it ever became a problem ( http://www.lanified.com/news/details/84193 ) and we most recently upgraded our Quest for Glory universe to a more consistent pack ( original post : http://www.lanified.com/news/details/84215 )
Since then, we have had more and more players come join in on the fabulous fun! But we want more to come join us, so we're spreading the word.
But BloodyIron, what is the LANified! Minecraft Multiverse?
Well you see, we've been running Minecraft stuff since September 20th 2010. It got to a point where we needed to improve our reliability of serving our Minecraft stuff, and we wanted to take what we were offering to a whole new level, and boy have we! Our Minecraft Multiverse offers many different ways to play Minecraft, while making sure we are all connected and having a great time.
Specifically we run four universes, each with their own appealing qualities:
- Quest for Glory
The Legacy universe maintains the legacy world and rules that we have been so vigilant to guard for 3.5 years now. What you build will stand the test of time, but you must build it with your own hands, and the resources you and your friends gather. PvP is off on this universe. This world has become massive, and there is plenty of room for more players.
The Hydra universe is a universe of connecting worlds for different purposes. The worlds that exist are likely to change in the future, be it add/remove/change worlds. To begin we will have three worlds. One for a fresh survival world (with pvp on). One for hardcore survival (with pvp off), where if you die you get a temporary ban, further increasing the challenge in the game. And an adventure world, where players enter the world to face the challenges of the current adventure.
The Techno-Wonderland universe is a heavily modified universe adding technological and industrial elements to the game. The mod pack we are running on this universe is the Tekkit mod pack, which adds an incredible list of features. A brief summary includes: space travel, piping/pumps/conveyor belts, power suits, energy/liquid ducts, in-game programmable circuits, etc. With so much technology to explore, this truly is a new frontier.
The Quest for Glory universe is another heavily modified universe adding many game elements oriented for the adventure/rpg gamer. Existing monsters have much more variety in their abilities and behavior, plus plenty of new monsters have been added too. The world generates interesting areas to explore and conquer with many new challenges and rewards. With much mystery around this mod pack, this truly is a Quest for Glory. The mod pack that we use is the Hexxit pack.
But BloodyIron, how do I get in on all this fabulous fun?
The Legacy and Hydra universes are accessible with the vanilla/Mojang client or the Technic Launcher (download link below), however you will need to use version 1.6.4 of the client. Simply set the correct version and connect to the address of the universe you want to enter.
- In the vanilla/Mojang client, click on "Edit Profile" in the bottom left of the main window. Then about half-way down the new window, there is a pull-down menu "Use version", set this to "release 1.6.4" and hit "save profile". Now when you hit play it will use the 1.6.4 version.
- In the Technic Launcher, select "Minecraft" on the left list, then hit the gear icon just below that. Then select "Manually select a build" and under the "Select Build" list, set it to 1.6.4 and hit save. Then just hit play on the right.
The Techno-Wonderland and Quest for Glory universes require the use of modified clients. We recommend the use of the Technic Launcher as it makes this process very easy. To get the Technic Launcher (win/mac/lin) just head to: http://www.technicpack.net/download
- For the Techno-Wonderland universe, after you launch the Technic Launcher you will find the "Tekkit" pack on the left, select it, hit play, and it will download the mod content for you and launch the client. Then connect to the Techno-Wonderland address (outlined below). Also be sure to stick to the version we are using (currently 1.2.9e) as newer versions may not work.
- For the Quest for Glory universe, after you launch the Technic Launcher you will find the "Hexxit" pack on the left, select it, then hit the gear in the bottom left, and set your client to our current version (2.0.1c). Then hit Save and hit Play. It will download the mod content and then launch the client. After that connect to the Quest for Glory address (outlined below).
But BloodyIron, I need the addresses for the universes! Where are they?
- Legacy - legacy.mine.lanified.com
- Hydra - hydra.mine.lanified.com
- Techno-Wonderland - techno.mine.lanified.com
- Quest for Glory - glory.mine.lanified.com
But BloodyIron, what else do I need to know?
- Players by default cannot interact with the world, but you can chat and explore. This is to counteract troublemakers. It's best to locate one of our Moderators to help you get past this initial roadblock. (Moderator prefix listed below)
- Do not steal/grief/disregard other players
- Moderators have the ":LAN!:" prefix in chat
- All gamers are welcome, as long as you don't break any parts of the multiverse
- If you have issues with the services please let us know so we can straighten it out
- BloodyIron likes many types of cheeses but prefers 2% milk
- We do this for you, so come have fun with us : )
- The Technic Launcher can be downloaded at - http://www.technicpack.net/download
- We are using Tekkit 1.2.9e and Hexxit 2.0.1c currently
- Items will not be reimbursed if lost by gameplay mechanics, however some other scenarios we may reimburse
So what do you say, come join us?
- Hexxit replacing Hexical Future
BloodyIron on Sun, October 12th, 2014 @ 2:36 am.
Switching from Hexical Future to Hexxit does not straight up convert, unfortunately. So after talking to those who have built on our Quest for Glory universe we are going to be generating a brand new world on it! So to join us connect to glory.mine.lanified.com and make sure you're using Hexxit 2.0.1c now instead of Hexical Future! We're all jumping on the new world together, so join in on the fun!
- Quest for Glory downtime for Upgrade
BloodyIron on Sun, October 12th, 2014 @ 12:16 am.
Shortly after this post we are going to take down our Quest for Glory Minecraft Universe ( additional information on our Minecraft Multiverse can be found here : http://www.lanified.com/news/details/84188 ) for an upgrade. We are planning to switch from Hexical Future to Hexxit 2.0.1c. This will bring updates, fixes, features and stability to our Quest for Glory Universe. Once the work is complete you will need to adjust your Technic Launcher to use the Hexxit 2.0.1c version instead of the Hexical Future pack. Hexxit is a mod pack already listed in your Technic Launcher, so this should be straightforward. If you are uncertain how to change versions of mod packs, please read the link above for additional information.
We will be posting again once we have the results.
- LANified! 18: It's over! What did you think?
BloodyIron on Mon, September 22nd, 2014 @ 4:24 am.
Well that was a wicked event, we had so many people attend!
Thanks so much for making the event a total success and a blast! We hope you all had a great time.
- Keyboard Smashers won the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 5v5 tournament, taking home $200 in cold hard Canadian Cash!
- KyleGG won the Trackmania side-tournament spear-headed by Cortexian and sponsored by the generous Memory Express and Logitech. KyleGG took home a Logitech G27 racing kit!
- Torrr won the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arms Race mini-tournament, earning himself a set of headphones and a sweet USB 3.0 8GB memory stick!
- ikKennedy won the prepay raffle, grasping firmly his new TRENDnet Gigabit Wireless Router model TEW-812DRU!
Now that it's over, we would love to hear feedback from those who were able to make it. We want to hear your good, your bad, and your uuuuugggllly things you have to say! So if you would be so kind to indulge us, and post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=84212
We're working hard on bringing you more events in the future, and if you want to help us the best thing you can do is SPREAD THE WORD! If you enjoy our events, tell others! Bring them! But at least keep showing your support for our events. WE DO THIS FOR YOU!
If you want to keep up with our events, you can follow us on facebook ( http://facebook.lanified.com ) join our STEAM group ( http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANified ) follow us on twitter ( https://twitter.com/lanified ) or add BloodyIron on STEAM ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/BloodyIron/ )
Now to get back to some gaming!