- Tournament Details
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm 2v2 2-Stage
In terms of the Starcraft 2: Hearth of the Swarm 2v2 tournament, it will be broken up into stages.
- Teams will consist of 2 players (2v2)
- Matches will be bo1 (Best of 1) until finals. Finals will be bo3.
- There will be no scheduled breaks until Stage 1 is complete. There will be a 10 minute break before Stage 2.
- Max 24 teams
Stage 1: Round Robin
The pool of entrants will be divided into Groups of 6. Each group of 6 will play a Round Robin series against those in the group. There will be no breaks during this Stage if you are in the middle of completing your Round Robin series. We will have a general 10 minute break after this Stage.
In the event that there is a pool of players that is not easily divisible by 6, the following will happen:
-If the remainder is 3 or more, they will form a group and play out a Round Robin series
-If the remainder is 2 or less, we will award two players a buy into Stage 2 at the discretion of Tournament Administration
The top two teams from each group will advance to Stage 2.
There will be a 10 minute break once this Stage completes, then Stage 2 will begin.
Stage 2: Single Elimination
Teams that make it to this stage will be slotted into a Single Elimination bracket. We ask that players avoid taking breaks at this stage as there will be an optional 10 minute break before Finals.
Once two teams remain they will have an optional 10 minute break, then Finals will proceed in a bo3 match (Best of 3).
- Players must be present for the beginning of a match, if you are late you will forfeit the tournament.
- In all matches except Finals the maps will be agreed upon between both teams
- In finals the first map will be agreed upon by both teams, but the loser of the previous game will pick the next map
- If a player disconnects within the first 2 minutes of a match, that match will be restarted on a different map, both players must agree to the new map
- If a player disconnects a second time during a match within the first 2 minutes of any additional attempts, they will forfeit the current match
- If a player disconnects 2 minutes or later into the match they will receive a loss. The exception to this is if they have significant advantage, at which point an admin makes a judgement call, potentially resulting in a rematch on a different map
- All players will show professional courtesy to one another
- Cheats/hacks will not be tolerated. Cheating during a tournament will result in your expulsion from the event without refund.
- The Bone Trench
- The Boneyard
- Desolate Stronghold
- Graystone Ravine
- Hunting Ground
- Molten Crater
All matches will be performed through Blizzard's Battle.net service
Textbook definitions can be found at:
Single Elimination: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-eli ... tournament
- Game & Event Details
Starcraft Series (Details...)
LANified! 13: The Swarm (Details...)