- Tournament Details
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm 1v1 2-Stage
In terms of the Starcraft 2: Hearth of the Swarm 1v1 tournament, it will be broken up into stages.
- All matches will be 1v1
- Matches in Stage 1 will be bo1 (Best of 1)
- Matches in Stage 2 (except finals) will be bo3 (Best of 3)
- Finals will be bo5 (Best of 5)
- There will be no scheduled breaks until Stage 1 is complete. There will be a 10 minute break before Stage 2.
- Max 48 entrants
Stage 1: Round Robin
The pool of entrants will be divided into Groups of 6. Each group of 6 will play a Round Robin series against those in the group. There will be no breaks during this Stage if you are in the middle of completing your Round Robin series. We will have a general 10 minute break after this Stage.
In the event that there is a pool of players that is not easily divisible by 6, the following will happen:
-If the remainder is 3 or more, they will form a group and play out a Round Robin series
-If the remainder is 2 or less, we will award two players a buy into Stage 2 at the discretion of Tournament Administration
The top two entrants from each group will advance to Stage 2.
There will be a 10 minute break once this Stage completes, then Stage 2 will begin.
Stage 2: Single Elimination
Entrants that make it to this stage will be slotted into a Single Elimination bracket. We ask that players avoid taking breaks at this stage as there will be an optional 10 minute break before Finals.
Once two entrants remain they will have an optional 10 minute break, then Finals will proceed until completion.
- Players must be present for the beginning of a match, if you are late you will forfeit the tournament
- In Stage 1 the maps will be agreed upon between both entrants
- In Best of X series (including finals), the first map is agreed upon between both entrants; the following maps will be picked by the loser of the previous game
- In the event of a disconnect the re-connect feature will be used, if it fails we will revert to the below rules
- If a player disconnects within the first 2 minutes of a match, that match will be restarted on a different map, both players must agree to the new map
- If a player disconnects a second time during a match within the first 2 minutes of any additional attempts, they will forfeit the current match
- If a player disconnects 2 minutes or later into the match they will receive a loss. The exception to this is if they have significant advantage, at which point an admin makes a judgement call, potentially resulting in a rematch on a different map
- All players will show professional courtesy to one another
- Cheats/hacks will not be tolerated. Cheating during a tournament will result in your expulsion from the event without refund
- Akilon Wastes
- Bel'Shir Vestige LE
- Daybreak LE
- Neo Planet S LE
- Newkirk Precinct
- Korhal City
- Star Station
- Whirlwind LE
All matches will be performed through Blizzard's Battle.net service
Textbook definitions can be found at:
Single Elimination: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-eli ... tournament
- Game & Event Details
Starcraft Series (Details...)
LANified! 14: Phoenix Rising (Details...)