LANified! 9: The Low Down

Please post any good or bad feedback you have here. Feedback helps us improve services, or know that our services are appreciated.

Postby BloodyIron » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:52 pm

We would like to hear back from you about our event LANified! 9: Batter Up. We suggest you use this form, but feel free to write what you want.

What you liked:
- Blah
- Some other Blah

What you didn't like:
- The baddest Blah
- The first Blah doesn't compare to this Blah

Other thoughts:
- Not enough Blahs
- Too many Blahs in the kitchen
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Re: LANified! 9: The Low Down

Postby Nicey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:24 pm

What I liked:
The atmosphere, LANs are always fun because of how well gamers seem to interact, after, of course, they all stop thinking they are bigs deals when they show up.
Alcohol being aloud was a fun change from what I am used to.
The admins did a great job of being administrative

What I didn't like:
The floor was awfully dirty and made setting up a not-so-nice task. =\

Other thoughts:
- Not enough Blahs
- Too many Blahs in the kitchen
Yup!

P.S.

Can't wait for the pictures!!!
Nicey

Postby ReAn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:00 pm

@Nicey: Pictures coming soon(ish)
ReAn
LANified! Staff - Site Administrator

Postby SpatulaHands » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 pm

I had a great time playing in the SC tournament. It was my first one and it was a blast. The lag sucked but at least it was fair for everyone. The results of who won which games were posted a little sloppily and often they had wrote down the wrong person advancing. Not really a big deal I guess. Thanks for the hard work done to organize the event. I will definitely be at the next one!
SpatulaHands

Postby HappyTime » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:44 am

Enjoyed the event despite the lag, nice to see all the local SC players in Calgary.
Tournament set up was new to me, feels like it would've worked a lot better with more people, but a good idea overall
I'll probably go to the next one.. But sign up sooner ;)
HappyTime

Postby Blone » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:54 pm

What I liked:
  • Video games, cool peeps.
  • Big enough space to house all the gamers.

What I didn't like:
  • Technical issues, although I hear they weren't your fault. Either way, that shit makes me upset after paying $60
  • No food for sale. Really, pizza should have been provided for a reduced cost. Gamers love that greasy shit
  • A lot of people weren't there for the competitiveness, and so don't really care about huge prize pools. If you knock down the cost and the prize pool and include cheap or free food and drinks everyone will walk away much happier and come back - as well as offering easier competition so people enjoy themselves more ;)
  • Fuck those sleeping arrangements. You should have thought that out better, that shit was stupid.
  • Game prizes. A little ridiculous that you would offer the same amount for SC, TF2 and HoN. I'm pretty sure there were only 3 HoN teams even playing, which is a little silly. Should have anticipated demand better.
Blone

Postby BloodyIron » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Blone,

FIrst, thanks for coming out, we do appreciate that you (and everyone else that had) made it out to our event.

I would like to address your concerns.

1) Our internet issues were beyond our control, and we were fortunate to get what we did. This is beyond embarrassing, and I profusely apologize for that. For that event we simply could not have done better than what we ended up having setup, and this is completely obvious to us that this is unacceptable. This is the first time these kinds of problems have ever happened to us, so we will be working much harder to prevent such garbage from coming up.

2) We had lined up a proper concession (with hot food) for the event but unfortunately they bailed on us within the last two weeks of the event leading up, and we were unable to find an equivalent replacement. We tried to figure out an alternative but it did not work out.

3) While there are people who aren't there for our tournaments (I'm unsure if you were there for it or not?) there are people who do attend for the tournaments. It is important to us to appeal to both the casual gamers as well as the competitive gamers. In terms of the cost of the event it is not as simple as simply lowering the prizing so everyone can pay less money, we have our expenses, and our budget is fairly tight as it is for our current events. I'm not sure if you are aware of it but early-bird prepayment for our most recent event was $40 and that's a pretty substantial difference from the at the door price. In terms of free drinks, I'm pretty damn sure I handed you one as soon as you paid, considering I gave one (personally) to every other person who attended too.

4) Can you please elaborate on what sleeping arrangement problems you had?

5) We did not offer the same prizing for all of the tournaments. I do not know why you are under the impression that is the case. Furthermore, we can only anticipate so much. Considering that Heroes of Newerth had 20 people listed who wanted to play it, and it was third for most popular of games for the event based on registration that would have resulted in approximately 6 teams if everyone actually entered. We can't force people to enter, or force everyone to show up, and in turn there's only so much we can anticipate and plan around.

All in all, I hope that you enjoyed attending our event, and we always strive to provide the best event we possibly can. There is only so much we can do, but we try our best to improve wherever we can and offer new or better things also where we can. I personally hope to see you at our next event, as it is important to us that you and everyone else enjoy their time at our events.

Blone wrote:What I liked:
  • Video games, cool peeps.
  • Big enough space to house all the gamers.

What I didn't like:
  • Technical issues, although I hear they weren't your fault. Either way, that shit makes me upset after paying $60
  • No food for sale. Really, pizza should have been provided for a reduced cost. Gamers love that greasy shit
  • A lot of people weren't there for the competitiveness, and so don't really care about huge prize pools. If you knock down the cost and the prize pool and include cheap or free food and drinks everyone will walk away much happier and come back - as well as offering easier competition so people enjoy themselves more ;)
  • Fuck those sleeping arrangements. You should have thought that out better, that shit was stupid.
  • Game prizes. A little ridiculous that you would offer the same amount for SC, TF2 and HoN. I'm pretty sure there were only 3 HoN teams even playing, which is a little silly. Should have anticipated demand better.
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Return to LANified! Feedback