LANified! 16: The Low Down

Please post any good or bad feedback you have here. Feedback helps us improve services, or know that our services are appreciated.

Postby BloodyIron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:23 am

We love to hear what each and everyone of you have to say that have attended our events. So if you've attended LANified! 16, please post what you have to say here. Feel free to write what you wish, but if you could also include some below examples we would appreciate it.

Yes, we even want to hear the bad things too.

How did you hear about the event?
- Writing in the sky

What did you like about the event?
- The oxygen properly diluted into my hemogloben
- I could successfully exhale

What did you not like about the event?
- I was unable to eat the walls
- Could not touch the ceiling

Would you attend again?
- Yes
If no, why not?
- I already said yes! Stop poking me!

If you were to explain to someone why they should attend our events, what would you say?
- Hi

What did you think about the length of the event?

What did you think about the size of the event?

Have you ever considered entering any tournaments at our events, this event or past?
Would you consider entering a tournament at our events?

Will you be joining us on mumble to game with us between events?
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Re: LANified! 16: The Low Down

Postby b00j » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 am

- r/Calgary on reddit and through BloodyIron

- Gaming with/meeting new people!
- Cash prizes
- Nonstop gaming
- Got a nifty little lanyard/name tag for prepay that made me feel special ^_^

- Not enough teams in the tournaments (I realize this is hard to control when people don't show or teams bail out)
- Tournament games should be shoutcasted/streamed like larger tournaments.

Would you attend again?
- Absolutely I will, I can't wait for the next event!

If no, why not?

If you were to explain to someone why they should attend our events, what would you say?
- It's a good chance to meet new people with similar interests and you can come check things out first for free!
- It's also the only way to grow the competitive gaming scene in the area and have more people support it.

- Seemed to be a great length, I would always accept it being longer though ^_^

- The turnout was still great, however if there were actually 50 people there I feel like it would have been very crowded.

Have you ever considered entering any tournaments at our events, this event or past?
- Wanted to come to LANified! 15 but couldn't make it.

- Have and will again!

- Most definitely!
b00j

Postby 1stGamble » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:00 am

been to 3 previous ones

the fact that it's lanified and I can get together with the friends I've made and make more! it's awesome being able to joke and play games with people on your friends list in person.

Not sure, I just enjoy lanified.

Would you attend again?
- Yes
If no, why not?

no matter what you play there will always be people who share interests and sometimes you can't find these people without some help, Lanified does that and it also allows the creation of new friendships and meeting people you wouldn't meet in everyday life. Lanified creates kinda of a dysfunctional yet awesome family of nerds.

perfect!
not as busy as I thought it would be it's nice to see familiar faces and new ones.

I took part in the league of legends one at lan 15 that was fun. I just need to introduce myself to a few more games.

heck yeah!
1stGamble

Postby Cortexian » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:48 pm

- I work with ReAn, ReAn invited me.

- Environment was nice, lots of space, sleeping wasn't difficult due to obnoxious teams shouting HUEHUEHUEHUEH BRBRBR MORDE ES NUMERO UNO
- Many energy drink selling venues within 5 minutes~ of venue
- LAN's are just fun

- Initially unsure as to who was playing what and where most people were organizing game events and such. Didn't know there was a Mumble until day two.
- 400 Ping and 70% packet loss on War Thunder, connectivity issues vaguely annoying, not a huge deal though since it was still usable.

Would you attend again?
- Yes

- LANified is a relaxed environment with friendly staff and participants all wanting to play video games for many, many hours, without sleep, and while consuming copious amounts of junk food. Copious amounts of junk food.

- As a prepaid I got in Friday night, I really enjoyed that over showing up half-way through Saturday morning.

- I think there were like 25-30 attendees, with expansion to handle up to 50? I am going to work on getting more people to come to this event and hopefully fill out the seats a bit more...

- I'm terrible at all the games that were up for competition, so no.

- If there were games I had played for more than 2 hours in the past year, yes.

- I host 4~ TeamSpeak 3 servers for various gaming communities so probably won't have time to pop into another VOIP client much. So maybe?

Suggestions:
- Promote people idling in Mumble or IRC more so ppl know who's playing what extremely easily. Expending minimal effort to find this out at a LAN is a plus for me.
- I will personally backup my entire Steam library and various other games before the event next time so I can share those on the network using my file server... Perhaps others can do the same, then place all their backups on my server (or another server) for a central game distribution network. This takes strain off the Internet connection, which can improve performance for teh gamez.
Cortexian

Postby pANIC » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:11 pm

- I know this guy that calls himself BloodyIron, no idea why, but some say he is wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a bat.

- Chill atmosphere.
- Everybody was just chill. Great people made for a great experience.

- Chairs! But hey, maybe every now and again the butt needs to be punished.

Would you attend again?
- True, I mean yes.

- Great place to meet like minded individuals that enjoy a good beating.

- It was just long enough.

- Manageable.

- Of course. I enjoyed the nomination to be team captain for the 'randoms' CSGO team even though I had no idea how to be a team captain and I think I was spat on a few times but hey, a man can take it like King Joffrey ... right! Right.

- Sure when I can.
pANIC

Return to LANified! Feedback