Prizes

Discussion regarding gaming of any kind as well as lan partying.

Prizes

Postby Eternalblaze » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Are there going to be more then just the tournament prizes? or is that pretty much it (unless you come in first you leave with nothing).
Eternalblaze

Re: Prizes

Postby BloodyIron » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm afraid our budget only allows for the prizing for first place currently. If this is what you were meaning?

This is not a definate thing for future events.
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Postby Eternalblaze » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 pm

More or less, but just confuses me... Sponsored lan + $50 entrance fee and there is only 3 prizes? no random draws, no obscure/fun contests?
Eternalblaze

Postby BloodyIron » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:28 am

Eternalblaze wrote:More or less, but just confuses me... Sponsored lan + $50 entrance fee and there is only 3 prizes? no random draws, no obscure/fun contests?

Hi Eternal Blaze,

S2 Games actually helps with the HoN tournament a lot. I'm not sure if you noticed but the prize pot for it is $480. Our other sponsor we are in talks with what they are going to provide, but typically they provide us with swag for the LAN.

As for obscure contests, we are planning them, but you might have missed it in our announcements.

Also note that the current cost for entry is $40 through prepay.

As for the "only 3 prizes". We balance our prizing around actual reward, with our current event size this is what the budget allows and we want to make the reward as rewarding as possible, instead of just mediocre. Additionally we have a pledge system, so as more people prepay they can pledge for tournaments to show their interest. If enough pledge for a tournament a larger prize pot is "unlocked" for that tournament, these details are available on the event page.
BloodyIron

Postby Eternalblaze » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm not sure if you noticed but the prize pot for it is $480.

but typically they provide us with swag for the LAN.

As for obscure contests, we are planning them, but you might have missed it in our announcements.

Thanks, I did not notice on the sole reason that HoN is the only game I do not play.
Swag would be really nice im glad it's in "talks" and i did miss the announcement on contests, sorry.
I guess I will pre-pay then.
Eternalblaze

Postby BloodyIron » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Eternalblaze wrote:
I'm not sure if you noticed but the prize pot for it is $480.

but typically they provide us with swag for the LAN.

Thanks, I did not notice on the sole reason that HoN is the only game I do not play.
Swag would be really nice im glad it's in "talks" and i did miss the announcement on contests, sorry.
I guess I will pre-pay then.

Well, it happens :P We try to publicize as much of this as we can! One thing that can help is if you follow us on facebook: http://facebook.lanified.com

As for swag. We're still kind of thinking about this, but we would rather try and motivate our sponsors to support the tournaments through prizing, preferably cash. We feel this is more rewarding to those that enter the tournaments, and this is how we plan to approach sponsors going forward. However I don't necessarily want it to be empty either, hence we typically get Mags from CPU Mag for the event for everyone to enjoy.

Hope to see you there!
BloodyIron

Return to Gaming/LANning discussion