Couple of questions

Discussion regarding gaming of any kind as well as lan partying.

Couple of questions

Postby Lohrasp » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Im not exacly sure who the admins are but last night i was talking to bloodyiron and so these questions are directed to him:

Could you please let me know if you do eventually get a hang of the vods for sc2 and hon please?

Is it possible to post the pictures of the winners of the tournoments up somewhere on the website? I would like to put all the winners pictures on my facebook as advertisement. If they are already up, could you please tell me where?

Im sure you guys have already talkeed about alot of ways to promote lanified and esports in general, and i would like to help if you need any. I actually just talked to some people in the starcraft club at uoc and none of them knew about the event. Im not sure if you have the time for this, but the other option is to have some online tournoments for players in calgary ( maybe just for now? ) with a very small entrance fee and a small prizepool which would be hosted by lanified to get your name out there ( im even willing to help with the prizepool a little for the first couple of times just to get evertyhing started and ppl interested in this ). Ive had a couple of ppl say that they are interested ( which does not signify much since ppl would say anything but do nothing ) but if you have interest in this, we can talk more about the details. Im sure there are a buncha ppl that play starcraft everyday, so it would be of no surprise to me that they would like it even more if they play in tournoments for cash prizes ( which might be even 10-20 dollars but would promote esports in canada ). If you would like to talk more we can talk here or you can email me at lohrasp.s at gmail.com .

With regards Lohrasp <aka loxi aka lohtheepic> Seify

* Edited by BloodyIron to modify lohrasp's email so a bot doesn't pick it up for a spam list.
Lohrasp

Re: Couple of questions

Postby BloodyIron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Lohrasp,

The VODs (Videos On Demand) for the event can be found at: http://www.justin.tv/lanified/videos

Sorry that they are rather disorganized, I'm not sure if we're able to improve that just yet, but they're all there.

As for the pictures of the tournament winners, I need to get them from ReAn and we can throw them up. We want to have a proper media section for these things, but in the mean time we can just post them for now.

As for expanding eSports this definately is one of our goals. I have already been looking into offering online elements to our tournaments, and it's a work in progress at this stage. There are many different ways I can see this happening, and I want to make sure we pick the best options for us and the community. Help is always appreciated, such as passing around the word, it helps a lot and we can explore what else is possible.

In regards to the UofC SC2 group not hearing about us, that is a bit curious as we recently put up a lot of posters up at the UofC (IIRC like 200+) so if we could get some feedback as to why they didn't notice them that would probably help quite a bit.

Thanks for coming! Let me know if there's anything more we can do. :)

Lohrasp wrote:Im not exacly sure who the admins are but last night i was talking to bloodyiron and so these questions are directed to him:

Could you please let me know if you do eventually get a hang of the vods for sc2 and hon please?

Is it possible to post the pictures of the winners of the tournoments up somewhere on the website? I would like to put all the winners pictures on my facebook as advertisement. If they are already up, could you please tell me where?

Im sure you guys have already talkeed about alot of ways to promote lanified and esports in general, and i would like to help if you need any. I actually just talked to some people in the starcraft club at uoc and none of them knew about the event. Im not sure if you have the time for this, but the other option is to have some online tournoments for players in calgary ( maybe just for now? ) with a very small entrance fee and a small prizepool which would be hosted by lanified to get your name out there ( im even willing to help with the prizepool a little for the first couple of times just to get evertyhing started and ppl interested in this ). Ive had a couple of ppl say that they are interested ( which does not signify much since ppl would say anything but do nothing ) but if you have interest in this, we can talk more about the details. Im sure there are a buncha ppl that play starcraft everyday, so it would be of no surprise to me that they would like it even more if they play in tournoments for cash prizes ( which might be even 10-20 dollars but would promote esports in canada ). If you would like to talk more we can talk here or you can email me at lohrasp.s at gmail.com .

With regards Lohrasp <aka loxi aka lohtheepic> Seify

* Edited by BloodyIron to modify lohrasp's email so a bot doesn't pick it up for a spam list.
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Postby Lohrasp » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks for your response.

When are your freee times? Im going to try my best to get a small sc2 tourny for ppl in uoc together over the interenet and if youre up for it, you can be one of the admins to promote lanified. Im thinking sometime over the weekend and a prize pool of 25 dollars or so. Im going to do my best to make it as consistant as possible.
Lohrasp

Postby BloodyIron » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Lohrasp wrote:Thanks for your response.

When are your freee times? Im going to try my best to get a small sc2 tourny for ppl in uoc together over the interenet and if youre up for it, you can be one of the admins to promote lanified. Im thinking sometime over the weekend and a prize pool of 25 dollars or so. Im going to do my best to make it as consistant as possible.

Do you use MSN? I think a more real-time conversation is in order :P
BloodyIron

Postby FiNDoL » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:37 pm

I dont use MSN, but i do use skype. Lohrasp.s@gmail.com . and my id is Lohrasp.s
FiNDoL

Postby Lohrasp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:10 am

Ive set up a general meeting with them on feb 4th. Ill keep you informed if im sucessful in setting something up.
Lohrasp

Postby BloodyIron » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Lohrasp wrote:Ive set up a general meeting with them on feb 4th. Ill keep you informed if im sucessful in setting something up.

Hey havn't had much luck getting ahold of you just yet on skype, lol, how often do get you on?
BloodyIron

Postby Lohrasp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:11 pm

I actually have not gotten a request from u. I thought ur busy and did not have time. Whats ur id? Ill be on tonight after 6
Lohrasp

Return to Gaming/LANning discussion