Heroes of Newerth Game Mode

Discussion regarding gaming of any kind as well as lan partying.

Heroes of Newerth Game Mode

Postby LaserGoPewPew » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi, I see that the mode will be Banning Draft but I'd like to propose Banning Pick (Captain's Mode) instead. Banning draft really limits the number of heroes available (16) whereas banning pick lets each team ban 3 heroes from the total pool of heroes, making the rest of the heroes available. Banning draft really limits the strategies you can play with because there are so few heroes.
LaserGoPewPew

Re: Heroes of Newerth Game Mode

Postby BloodyIron » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:05 pm

I'll look into this, I thought they had increased BD to 3 picks, I must have misread. Thanks for the heads up!
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Postby Bizzyb0nez » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 am

16 picks is what makes BD a perfect mode for lanning.

It's a tourny for a reason. I think it limits strategies being used and what not it allows you to think more on your feet which is what a touny should be all about imo.
Bizzyb0nez

Postby LaserGoPewPew » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:39 pm

"It's a tourny for a reason"

Hence why I proposed banning pick instead. Never have I heard of say, a DotA tournament, where they play banning draft over captain's mode. You say limiting the strategies is better for a tournament, you might as well play AR then since you have to play with what you are given. That's not even a feasible argument.
LaserGoPewPew

Postby BloodyIron » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:43 pm

LaserGoPewPew wrote:"It's a tourny for a reason"

Hence why I proposed banning pick instead. Never have I heard of say, a DotA tournament, where they play banning draft over captain's mode. You say limiting the strategies is better for a tournament, you might as well play AR then since you have to play with what you are given. That's not even a feasible argument.

I think that he might have meant the fact your list of heroes differs from game to game shows a true test of skill.

As a note, I have not had an opportunity yet to properly evaluate captain's mode, so our stance is not yet final (sorry).
BloodyIron

Postby LaserGoPewPew » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Oh that's okay, take your time!
LaserGoPewPew

Postby Bizzyb0nez » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 pm

BloodyIron wrote:
LaserGoPewPew wrote:"It's a tourny for a reason"

I think that he might have meant the fact your list of heroes differs from game to game shows a true test of skill.

As a note, I have not had an opportunity yet to properly evaluate captain's mode, so our stance is not yet final (sorry).

What he said. Oh and this isn't dota its HON :D
Bizzyb0nez

Postby BloodyIron » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 pm

LaserGoPewPew wrote:Oh that's okay, take your time!

Do you think you will be joining us at our coming event LaserGoPewPew?
BloodyIron

Postby LaserGoPewPew » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:04 pm

It's kind of a hard question for me because my friend's birthday is on the saturday of the tournament, so if the HoN tournament starts on saturday I won't be able to make it although I am free on sunday.. so I guess I'll have to see how it plays out depending on when the HoN tournament will start.
LaserGoPewPew

Postby BloodyIron » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 am

LaserGoPewPew wrote:It's kind of a hard question for me because my friend's birthday is on the saturday of the tournament, so if the HoN tournament starts on saturday I won't be able to make it although I am free on sunday.. so I guess I'll have to see how it plays out depending on when the HoN tournament will start.

We have recently posted the schedule on the front page. Let me know if you have any further questions :)
BloodyIron

Next

Return to Gaming/LANning discussion