CS: GO Rules Out of Date

Discussion regarding gaming of any kind as well as lan partying.

CS: GO Rules Out of Date

Postby igamiwarrior » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:03 am

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive specific rules:

Round time limit - 1:45
Freeze time limit - 0:15
Bomb Timer - 0:35

Round timer and the bomb timer should be 155 and 40 seconds respectively since these are the rules used in all online leagues and competitive tournaments since an update made a few months ago by Valve.

The times listed are the old standard competitive times.

Based on personal preference the map pick system is pretty random and I would prefer a pick ban system. Would also prefer Bo3 finals but I understand there might be time constraints.
igamiwarrior

Re: CS: GO Rules Out of Date

Postby BloodyIron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 am

1) The timers have been peer-reviewed for years, and we see no reason yet to change them. As such we are sticking with what everybody has been using for over a decade now.

2) We are looking into ban options.

3) Unfortunately if it were bo3 for finals we would grossly go over schedule and nobody would get home on time. Sorry, we went through multiple options for this and found this one to be the best.

igamiwarrior wrote:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive specific rules:

Round time limit - 1:45
Freeze time limit - 0:15
Bomb Timer - 0:35

Round timer and the bomb timer should be 155 and 40 seconds respectively since these are the rules used in all online leagues and competitive tournaments since an update made a few months ago by Valve.

The times listed are the old standard competitive times.

Based on personal preference the map pick system is pretty random and I would prefer a pick ban system. Would also prefer Bo3 finals but I understand there might be time constraints.
BloodyIron
LANified! Staff - Founder

Postby igamiwarrior » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:43 pm

1) The timers have been peer-reviewed for years, and we see no reason yet to change them. As such we are sticking with what everybody has been using for over a decade now.

Yes but they have been changed for every pro tournament, matchmaking, Faceit, ESEA, and CEVO so it doesn't make sense to stick with the old time, even though I agree it was silly for Valve to force the change on everyone it has been done. It is not a huge deal but it will make a difference.

Oh and I just noticed that Nuke is in the map pool I am not sure if this was added by mistake.
igamiwarrior

Postby BloodyIron » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:29 am

Generally those timer changes were forced on them.

Nuke is intentional.

igamiwarrior wrote:1) The timers have been peer-reviewed for years, and we see no reason yet to change them. As such we are sticking with what everybody has been using for over a decade now.

Yes but they have been changed for every pro tournament, matchmaking, Faceit, ESEA, and CEVO so it doesn't make sense to stick with the old time, even though I agree it was silly for Valve to force the change on everyone it has been done. It is not a huge deal but it will make a difference.

Oh and I just noticed that Nuke is in the map pool I am not sure if this was added by mistake.
BloodyIron

Postby birdwizard » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:23 pm

I also agree the times see odd, at this point anyone who plays competitive has gotten used to the new timers. As for the map pick, could we instead just ban until one map is left? this just removes any drama if two teams can't agree.
birdwizard

Postby BloodyIron » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:56 pm

The new timers are literally only a few months old. Whereas the timers we are using have been refined for over a decade, independently by the community. We don't blindly follow others, and do not see a tangible reason, other than "they're doing it", to use it. As such, we are going with the more proven timers.

birdwizard wrote:I also agree the times see odd, at this point anyone who plays competitive has gotten used to the new timers. As for the map pick, could we instead just ban until one map is left? this just removes any drama if two teams can't agree.
BloodyIron

Return to Gaming/LANning discussion