Some convincing gamers have made some rather convincing arguments regarding some of the elements of our coming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Grand Title Tournament at LANified! 25: Colossal.
As such, we have reviewed these concerns, and the following changes have been made:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: Grand Title Tournament rule and format changes
- Stage 3 - Tier 1, aka "Finals", WAS Double-Elimination bo1. IS NOW Single-Elimination bo3.
- Stage 3 - Tier 1, aka "Finals", WAS top 4 or top 8 teams entering (depending on # of teams). IS NOW only top 4 teams entering (from Stage 2 Tier 1).
- Swiss & Round Robin stages, WAS starting sides determined by knives. IS NOW starting sides randomly assigned by LANified! Tournament Administration.
- Single Elimination stages, WAS map picked through knives. IS NOW map selection is performed at the Tournament Administration area, teams have 2 vetoes, then teams agree to maps, failing that map assigned by LANified! Tournament Administration.
- Single Elimination stages, WAS sides picked through knives. IS NOW starting sides randomly assigned by LANified! Tournament Administration.
Full current rules and format for CS:GO:
- Rules: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255144
- Format: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255145
We have also had concerns raised about our map selection, namely inferno. We will revisit the map list closer to the event, as plenty can change between now and then, including hopefully a revised Inferno.
If you need help finding/forming a team for our coming event, we have multiple threads in our STEAM group discussion section, and we highly recommend you post in the thread relevant to your interests.
LANified! 25: Colossal already has 112 people signed up as of this writing, 79 of them wanting to play CS:GO. If you want to participate in Western Canada's best gaming tournaments, be sure to prepay and secure your seat today.