- Have you considered joining LANified!?
BloodyIron on Mon, December 28th, 2015 @ 2:15 am.
I'm BloodyIron. You may or may not have heard of me, but I run LANified!, but that's only part of the truth. The other part is that we have a glorious team that helps me run LANified!, our events and services, and so much more.
But BloodyIron, so what?
Well, we need more help. I want us to do more great things, but in order to do them we need to expand our team. We already have an awesome team, and I think that we should find more awesome people to join.
But BloodyIron, what kind of help are we talking about?
We currently have one specific position we are looking to fill, and in the near future we will have more. Additionally I am open to keen gamers with keen ideas. We welcome everyone to apply for these positions, even if you have no experience; We would prefer that you apply instead of hesitate! Experience helps, but not everyone has it.
We are looking for 2-4 people to join our Tournament Administration team. Primarily we are looking for people to assist with tournaments at LAN parties but we also would appreciate help with other projects related to tournaments. Should you be interested in this position, please consider the following:
- Have you ever entered a tournament of any size for any purpose (gaming or not)? If so, please tell us about it. Tell us how many tournaments you have entered, what you remember about their formats, what you thought about them (subjectively/personally), what you think could be done to improve tournaments, how you did in them, and/or any other information you would like to include.
- Have you ever ran a competitive team, or participated on a competitive team at any level of competition? This can include participating/running a team simply on a ladder, or all the way up to competing professionally. If so, please tell us all about that.
- Have you ever participated in the operations of a tournament before? If so, what formats are you familiar with, what was your involvement, and any other details you would like to include.
- What interests you about tournaments, their operations, or anything else you would like to express to us.
To apply, send an email to bloodyiron -aTt- - lanified -dotT-- com and include as much relevant information as you can. We WANT your help, so apply already!
But BloodyIron, do I get paid for this?
These positions are strictly voluntary. We do not compensate for them financially or in other specific ways. That being said, we provide valuable experience that can be put on your resume. Many of those that have helped us have leveraged the experienced gained to move their careers forward.
- LANified! 2015 year-end gaming poll
BloodyIron on Thu, December 17th, 2015 @ 5:01 pm.
2015 is wrapping up pretty soon, and it has been quite a successful year for us!
Many people want to know when our next events will be, and we're working hard to get all that delicious info together for you. We are planning to announce the information soon(tm).
In the mean time, we would like to hear your thoughts on what games you would like to see played as tournaments.
As such, we have started a poll on our forums, and we would love for you to participate in it. Just head to : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84296
Please choose FOUR games, and if you make a mistake you can change your selection. Also keep in mind that accounts are site-wide, so forum and event registration accounts are the same.
We're super excited about 2016 and what we have brewing, we hope you feel the same!
Stay safe peeps, and keep on gaming! ;P
- LANified! CS:GO Scrims! - Wednesdays and Saturdays
BloodyIron on Thu, December 17th, 2015 @ 4:55 pm.
Starting this week and going forward we are going to be holding regular CS:GO Scrims in-house!
This is open to everyone who likes to play CS:GO, whether you have a team or not. It's pretty easy, and we think you'll have a blast! Just follow these steps and you'll be set:
1) Check the schedule, then get online at the time
2) Jump on our mumble server ( voice.lanified.com default port)
3) Join the "Scrim Forming" channel under "Counter-Strike" on mumble
4) Talk to Xiphos (on mumble or STEAM) to figure out a team ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995982559/ )
5) Get to know your team, perhaps elect a captain for your team then tell Xiphos
6) Xiphos will then co-ordinate scrims for the evening, which servers to join, etc
7) Have fun! Be sure to keep coming : D
-Wednesdays 6pm start
-Saturdays 6pm start
We will be using our local servers setup with competitive rules in-line with our tournaments.
Also, if you want to join our STEAM group, just head to : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANified
- LANified! 24: Rumble in the Rift: Cancelled
BloodyIron on Sun, November 22nd, 2015 @ 7:04 pm.
To be explicitly clear, we have cancelled LANified! 24: Rumble in the Rift.
We saw literally zero (0) prepays for this event. Which is an unprecedented response. In our entire history (almost 9 years) we have never seen such disinterest in an event, especially considering that we had 16 people signed up. If you want to know more, I refer you to our previous news post.
We will instead be spending these efforts on what we will be doing next year.
We have great things coming, and we plan to announce them within the next month.
- Help us help you
BloodyIron on Tue, November 17th, 2015 @ 3:49 am.
Alright folks, I think it's time we have a real talk with BloodyIron.
We at LANified! have been running these LAN parties for almost 9 years now. While we've had our successes, we've also had our fair share of failures and flops too.
We're working on incredibly awesome things for next year. But it's not next year just yet.
In under two weeks time we want to put on our next LAN party, and co-ordinate great League of Legends gaming here in Calgary. But there's one problem, one thing we simply can never overcome.
We cannot do it without you.
As of this writing, we literally have zero prepays for this event. We haven't seen such numbers in years, and quite frankly it worries us.
We simply cannot run events without the support you provide. Not just the kind words, the cheering and your company, but the support by prepaying. Putting down your money to say that you want to make this happen, is one of the biggest ways you can support us (apart from telling others about us).
However, historical factors are forcing our hand into a direction we normally avoid. We are drawing the line in the sand. But it isn't all sour grapes.
As of right now, we are extending prepay for LANified! 24: Rumble in the Rift until Wednesday November 18th 2015 (end of day), but there are some caveats. For the first time ever (and likely the last time), we are establishing an explicit minimum number of prepays for an event to happen. We need to have 15 prepays in order for us to go forward with this event. If we do not get enough prepays we will cancel this event; but if we do cancel the event, you will receive 100% of your money refunded (as we have done every single time in the past when we have been forced to cancel).
However, if we do reach the 15 prepays, or higher, we will extend the prepay a second time after Wednesday and the event will happen.
I am sorry about the serious nature of this post, but unfortunately we feel we have exhausted all other options at this point. We believe that there are plenty of people in Alberta that want to play League of Legends together, but we need your support.
If you want to help us grow the League of Legends community in Alberta, help us help you, prepay today : http://www.lanified.com/events/go/21/10