We've posted the Rules and Format for LANified! 30: Breach and Clear!
It's effectively identical to the rules and format we've been using this year, however we wanted to make sure it was clearly known that's what we would be using! You can find them on the event details page, just click on the link above, then go to the part about the Main Tournament.
Our next LAN is less than a Month away! Hope to see you there! : D
Not sure if you noticed, but our next event, LANified! 30: Breach & Clear is next month!
Be sure to sign up and get your ticket, and for full details for that just head to -> https://www.lanified.com/events/go/30/1
We regret to inform you that we have had to cancel our coming July event, LANified! 29: One-Tap.
We believe the issue is our fault, as we picked dates that were right on top of Calgary Stampede, and this was not intentional. By the time we realised our mistake, it was too late for us to change the dates, so we did our best to try and work past that anyways.
Clearly, that didn't work, but we are moving on.
Our next LAN party, LANified! 30: Breach & Clear, is still coming up in September. We recommend you check it out.
We are also working on another LAN party after that, and that might be in November. This may or may not involve Overwatch ;)
Either way, we will be hosting more LAN parties. We know there are plenty of people that want to attend our events, and we're still working hard to bring great gaming events to you.
We at LANified! appreciate you, the gamers interested in our events. Hope to see you at our next LAN party! :D
Our next LAN party is only 3 weeks away, and we have a lot in development!
This news post includes:
- CS:GO Tournament Rules & Format details for LANified! 29: One-Tap
- LANified! 29: One-Tap - Mini-Tournament poll
- LANified! Job Openings
CS:GO Tourney Rules & Format details for LANified! 29
We have posted the Rules and Format info for the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Main Tournament at LANified! 29: One-Tap. You can find them at the event details page, or just click below.
LANified! 29: One-Tap - Mini-Tournament poll
We are considering running a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 3v3 Demolition mode Mini-Tournament at LANified! 29: One-Tap. This would be in addition to the other activities at the event, and would be included with your ticket to the event. We would like it if you voted in the poll, whether you are interested or not. The poll runs until June 28 2018, so vote before then please!
LANified! Job Openings
We at LANified! want to do lots of awesome things, but in all truth, each of our fabulous staff members can only do so much. As such, we are looking for some eager beavers to join our team! All openings are volunteer positions at this time. Naturally, you would not have to pay to enter any LAN you helped at. Typically people that join LANified! staff gain valuable experience that can be applied to their professional career, and we will help you in other areas where possible. But beyond that, we want staff that care about putting on the best LAN parties around.
Please review posting details below, and if you are interested in applying to any of our openings, just E-Mail your application to bloodyiron -Att- lanified -dotT- com. Do your best to explain why you want to join us, what you think we can do better, and include any relevant experience to gaming events and/or the role. If you have a resume, please include that. Resumes and prior experience are NOT required, we do internal training for all of our staff. In your application state your favourite cheese.
Broadcast Personalities (3 openings)
- Critical Commentary on live gaming, at least CS:GO content, other games likely
- On-camera discussion with other personalities + gamer interviews at events
- Random banter between games
- Positive, up-beat and energetic attitude. Ability to excite audiences part of the role
Broadcast Production (2 openings)
- Control Live Broadcast production workstation in real-time, involving complex production software & (technical) configurations
- Adjust graphical settings as production executes, including, but not limited to, lower-thirds, stingers and other overlays
- Work with other LANified! staff to develop Live Broadcast configurations in advance of events
- Handle Live Replay markings, playback, and other related facets
- Real-time adjustment of Audio input balancing
- Real-time adjustment of Video input aspects
- Rapid switching/reconfiguration of broadcasting "scenes"
Broadcast Camera Work (1 opening)
- Real-time control of in-game camera perspective for live broadcasting/recording purposes, at least CS:GO content
- Occasional real-world/physical camera work for broadcasting of real-world scene/wide angle shot/other shot purposes
- Intent is to capture the best possible action or interesting content for the viewer
Website/Software Development (2 openings)
- Primarily contribute to development of the LANified! website, other development contributions possible in the future
- LAMP stack, Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP
- Possible SEO aspects
- Familiarity with code repositories, code commits, work tickets
- Website performance is important
- Be prepared to help us convert our website from clunky to captivating
Event Multimedia Production & Promotions (2 openings)
- Audio/Video Encoding/Transcoding, preferably tools that are OS agnostic (eg. KDEnlive, not Windows-Only)
- Bit sampling, key frames, and other qualitative aspects of Digital Multimedia
- Familiar with the practical difference between Stereo and "5.1"/"7.1" Headphones, bonus points for the difference between flat audio frequency response and exaggerated audio frequency response
- Recording/production/editing real-world/in-game multimedia content at/between events for the purposes of historic/promotional, including audio/video mixing/balancing
- Youtube/Twitch channel/video work, including, but not limited to, adding new videos, adding/editing Youtube/Twitch video overlay content, tuning of Youtube/Twitch channel, statistical review for channel improvements/tracking
If you've read this far, and you're still interested, you should probably apply for one of these roles.
Check it out gamers, we got our sweet new poster designs ready for you!
- Poster for LANified! 29 & 30 - PNG (7.1MB) - https://www.lanified.com/content/legacy ... Poster.png
The poster design is intended for 11"x17" landscape, but prints quite well on 8.5"x11" (letter, landscape) too!
What can one do with this fabulous poster?
- Attach to your wall!
- Attach to your cat!
- Attach to your friends!
- Attach to a bus!
- Attach to your rear wind-shield!
- Attach to your computer case!
So what are you waiting for? Fire up your printer, and pump one of these sweet babies out!
Oh, and if you wanted to tell others about the coming events, this poster is pretty good for that too ;P