- LANified!'s Minecraft Multiverse
BloodyIron on Sat, May 3rd, 2014 @ 2:31 am.
LANified! is proud to announce the return of something special, something we've kept going now for years. To be specific, since September 20th 2010.
Today we are taking that thing, and releasing something awesome. Today we launch, the LANified! Minecraft Multiverse!
The LANified! Minecraft Multiverse is taking the minecraft concept to an all new level. We are now running four universes, one of which with three worlds, and all of them providing something different. But not only that, they are all inter-connected! When you are connected to any world in any part of the multiverse you can see everyone who is in the multiverse (on the tab player list), and chat with all of them! But that's just the beginning, let's get to the juicy bits.
The four universes are:
- Quest for Glory
The Legacy universe maintains the legacy world and rules that we have been so vigilant to guard for 3.5 years now. Access to this universe is white-list only, and access must be requested. What you build will stand the test of time, but you must build it with your own hands, and the resources you and your friends gather. PvP is off on this universe. This world has become massive, and there is plenty of room for more players.
The Hydra universe is a universe of connecting worlds for different purposes. The worlds that exist are likely to change in the future, be it add/remove/change worlds. To begin we will have three worlds. One for a fresh survival world (with pvp on). One for hardcore survival (with pvp off), where if you die you get a temporary ban, further increasing the challenge in the game. And an adventure world, where players enter the world to face the challenges of the current adventure.
The Techno-Wonderland universe is a heavily modified universe adding technological and industrial elements to the game. The mod pack we are running on this universe is the Tekkit mod pack, which adds an incredible list of features. A brief summary includes: space travel, piping/pumps/conveyor belts, power suits, energy/liquid ducts, in-game programmable circuits, etc. With so much technology to explore, this truly is a new frontier.
The Quest for Glory universe is another heavily modified universe adding many game elements oriented for the adventure/rpg gamer. Existing monsters have lots more variety in their abilities and behavior, plus lots of new monsters have been added too. The world generates interesting areas to explore and conquer with many new challenges and rewards. With much mystery around this mod pack, this truly is a Quest for Glory. The mod pack that we use is the hexical future pack which is an updated version of the Hexxit pack.
But BloodyIron, how do I get in on all this fabulous fun?
The Legacy and Hydra universes are accessible with the vanilla/Mojang client or the Technic Launcher (download link below), however you will need to use version 1.6.4 of the client. Simply set the correct version and connect to the address of the universe you want to enter.
- In the vanilla/Mojang client, click on "Edit Profile" in the bottom left of the main window. Then about half-way down the new window, there is a pull-down menu "Use version", set this to "release 1.6.4" and hit "save profile". Now when you hit play it will use the 1.6.4 version.
- In the Technic Launcher, select "Minecraft" on the left list, then hit the gear icon just below that. Then select "Manually select a build" and under the "Select Build" list, set it to 1.6.4 and hit save. Then just hit play on the right.
The Techno-Wonderland and Quest for Glory universes require the use of modified clients. We recommend the use of the Technic Launcher as it makes this process very easy. To get the Technic Launcher (win/mac/lin) just head to: http://www.technicpack.net/download
- For the Techno-Wonderland universe, after you launch the Technic Launcher you will find the "Tekkit" pack on the left, select it, hit play, and it will download the mod content for you and launch the client. Then connect to the Techno-Wonderland address (outlined below). Also be sure to stick to the version the server runs (currently 1.2.9e) as newer versions may not work.
- For the Quest for Glory universe, after you launch the Technic Launcher locate the "Add New Pack" section on the left, click on it, and paste this URL in ( http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/hexical-future ). This will add Hexical Future to the list on the left. Now just select it, and hit play on the right. It will download the content and launch the client for you, and then just connect to the Quest for Glory address (outlined below).
But BloodyIron, I need the addresses for the universes! Where are they?
- Legacy - legacy.mine.lanified.com
- Hydra - hydra.mine.lanified.com
- Techno-Wonderland - techno.mine.lanified.com
- Quest for Glory - glory.mine.lanified.com
But BloodyIron, where is the map?
The map service is not yet ready. We are still working on this and are hoping to add this soon.
But BloodyIron, what else do I need to know?
- Do not steal/grief/disregard others on the Legacy server
- Moderators have the ":LAN!:" prefix in chat
- All gamers are welcome, as long as you don't break any parts of the multiverse
- If you have issues with the services please let us know so we can straighten it out
- BloodyIron likes many types of cheeses but prefers 2% milk
- We do this for you, so come have fun with us : )
- The Technic Launcher can be downloaded at - http://www.technicpack.net/download
- We are using Tekkit 1.2.9e currently
- LANified! 17 announced
- BloodyIron on Wed, April 23rd, 2014 @ 7:25 pm.
- LANified! 16: It's almost here!
BloodyIron on Sat, February 22nd, 2014 @ 11:22 am.
My my, time does travel fast! Our event is only two weeks away!
But BloodyIron, why are you only reminding us about this now, after prepay has closed?
Well, mostly because I've been horribly busy with work. But don't fret, we're not putting those who lost track out in the cold!
To counter-act my recent business we will be extending prepay for one more day! We'll wedge it open so that you and your friends can for sure take advantage of the prepay price over the at the door price. To be specific, we'll be keeping prepay open till tomorrow, Sunday Feb the 23rd at 6pm MST (1800hrs).
So come join us at the coming event, to sign up and prepay head to : http://www.lanified.com/events/go/13/11
- LANified! 16: CSGO rules + Quake! + Early bird ending
BloodyIron on Tue, February 4th, 2014 @ 12:25 pm.
This just in, our coming LAN party is a month away! To prepare for this awesome event we have finalized our Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament format and rules so that you know what you're in store for.
Lots of people are looking to form or join teams. So if you want to get in on the csgo tournament and you have not yet figured out your team, be sure to post on our forums ( viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84170 ) or reach out to those on our STEAM group! ( http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANified )
But wait, there's more! In addition to the tournaments you already know about, we have added a Quake 1 FFA mini-tournament! Just like the other mini-tournaments we will take the first handful of participants that are ready (when we start the mini-tournaments) and slap them in an arena of our choosing (secret) to duke it out in all out blood bath mayhem. Do you know where your rocket is? It's pretty easy to get a copy of Quake 1 now adays, so if you want to get your juices flowing with this fast-paced deathmatch be sure to let us know when we call for players!
The event is coming up fast, more and more people are signing up and prepaying. Seating is limited, so if you are going to join us be sure to prepay to guarantee your seat. Early bird prepay ends this weekend, so be sure to prepay now and lock in those savings!
For full event details and to prepay head to: http://www.lanified.com/events/details/13
- LANified! 16: Reloaded
BloodyIron on Fri, January 10th, 2014 @ 9:15 pm.
We at LANified! are proud to announce our next great event, LANified! 16: Reloaded!
Our coming event will be a two day LAN party featuring Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2 main and mini tournaments with $800 in cash prizing!
For full details click on the banner at the top of this page or just go to the event details here. Hope to see you there!