- We broke, then fixed, our site. Sorry!
BloodyIron on Sat, September 24th, 2016 @ 1:54 am.
Dear Fellow Gamers,
We recently broke our site (the last 2-ish weeks), via email changes we made. They are fixed now. You should be seeing emails for your account creation now, if you don't see them, please tweet us @LANified , or contact BloodyIron on STEAM ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/BloodyIron/ ).
Please read on if you want to know what happened.
Within the last few weeks, we moved where our email server is. This was done for a bunch of great reasons.
After we moved the email server, we thought the website was correctly interfacing with it. However, it was not. As such, the website could not send email messages at all. This includes new account email messages, password recover email messages, and any other form.
As of right now, this is corrected. And we're sorry that we broke it.
Again, if you have ANY problems whatsoever, please reach out to us so that we can fix them!
- Twitter : @LANified : https://twitter.com/lanified
- Facebook : http://facebook.lanified.com
- BloodyIron STEAM : http://steamcommunity.com/id/BloodyIron/
- LANified! STEAM group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANified
- prepay adjustment, tournament info, ride sharing
BloodyIron on Mon, September 19th, 2016 @ 9:47 pm.
Our event is just over 2 months away, and we have a few things that we want to share with you! Some of it is about prepay adjustment, some is about the tournament stuff at the event, and some of it is about ride-sharing. Check it out!
You may or may not have seen that our Prepay price was scheduled to bump up to $124. We have decided that we are going to do away with that. The prepay price is now going to stick at $110 until prepay closes! This buys you entrance to the entire event, including multiple tournaments, mini-tournaments, all 3-days, and so much more! We also have special raffles for those who prepay early
As such, we want to ask that all of you who are wanting to come, prepay for your tickets. This will help get more people to the event, and ensure your spot at the LAN too! We already have 117 people signed up as of this writing, we know that there are plenty more gamers out there who want to see this event happen. So, the way to ensure this event happens is to prepay your ticket. Help us ensure this event is a great success, prepay today!
Event Tournament Services:
While the event isn't just about the tournaments, we want people to know that we do take tournaments seriously! As such, there are a bunch of things that you may want to know about.
Firstly, if you haven't seen it, we have threads to help people find/form teams for the tournaments. We recommend you check them out and post in them:
- CS:GO Team building Mega Thread : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANifi ... 213810175/
- DotA 2 Team building Mega Thread : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANifi ... 552535077/
- Rocket League Team building Mega Thread : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANifi ... 727884957/
Secondly, we want to let you know that at the event, we will be running a local Mumble server! It will be running on the LAN, so you will get the tastiest pings, and the fastest voice response EVER. This will be in addition to the public mumble server we already run ( voice.lanified.com default port ). The info for how to connect will be available at the event. And there will be room for all!
Thirdly, it seems there is some confusion about some elements of our tournaments. We want you to know that we have designed the Grand Title Tournaments and Main Tournaments to be excellent for players of all skill levels. Now, I know what you may be thinking, "BloodyIron, that's just a conflict of possibilities! What the junk?". Well, if you check out how the tournaments are formatted, we hope that you will see that we can indeed achieve this! As each tournament progresses, gamers face opponents that are closer and closer to their skill level! This is achieved through a combination of different format methods. Furthermore, people get a lot of games in before anyone gets eliminated. Well, best check them out for yourself!
Grand Title Tournament formats:
- CS:GO : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255145
- DotA 2 : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255147
- Rocket League : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255149
- Hearthstone : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255153
- Starcraft 2 : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255151
Fourthly, mini tournaments. If you haven't seen them, they're a less serious form of organized gaming, and they're a tonne of fun. Right now we're holding polls for which mini-tournaments to run on each day! You can vote for up to 4 of them on each day. So check them out, and be sure to vote.
As with any event of this size, there will be people who need a hand getting a ride. As such, we have started a thread to help connect those who can share their ride, with those who need one! Check it out:
- Ride Sharing Thread : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANifi ... 706604213/
STEAM group and Sharing is caring:
You may or may not have noticed, but our STEAM group ( http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LANified ) is getting quite massive! As of this writing it is at 656 members, and is steadily growing!
We know there are lots of gamers out there, and one of the best ways you can help make our events successful is telling others. Sharing is caring! So, if you would be so kind, help spread the word, and tell others what we're doing. The more the merrier, and these events are for you!
For full event details, head to : http://www.lanified.com/events/go/22/1
- CS:GO Tournament Format update
BloodyIron on Wed, August 10th, 2016 @ 8:39 pm.
Some convincing gamers have made some rather convincing arguments regarding some of the elements of our coming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Grand Title Tournament at LANified! 25: Colossal.
As such, we have reviewed these concerns, and the following changes have been made:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: Grand Title Tournament rule and format changes
- Stage 3 - Tier 1, aka "Finals", WAS Double-Elimination bo1. IS NOW Single-Elimination bo3.
- Stage 3 - Tier 1, aka "Finals", WAS top 4 or top 8 teams entering (depending on # of teams). IS NOW only top 4 teams entering (from Stage 2 Tier 1).
- Swiss & Round Robin stages, WAS starting sides determined by knives. IS NOW starting sides randomly assigned by LANified! Tournament Administration.
- Single Elimination stages, WAS map picked through knives. IS NOW map selection is performed at the Tournament Administration area, teams have 2 vetoes, then teams agree to maps, failing that map assigned by LANified! Tournament Administration.
- Single Elimination stages, WAS sides picked through knives. IS NOW starting sides randomly assigned by LANified! Tournament Administration.
Full current rules and format for CS:GO:
- Rules: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255144
- Format: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84307&p=255153#p255145
We have also had concerns raised about our map selection, namely inferno. We will revisit the map list closer to the event, as plenty can change between now and then, including hopefully a revised Inferno.
If you need help finding/forming a team for our coming event, we have multiple threads in our STEAM group discussion section, and we highly recommend you post in the thread relevant to your interests.
LANified! 25: Colossal already has 112 people signed up as of this writing, 79 of them wanting to play CS:GO. If you want to participate in Western Canada's best gaming tournaments, be sure to prepay and secure your seat today.
- Calgary Expo 2016 - Polls Results + Finals Schedule
BloodyIron on Tue, April 26th, 2016 @ 7:25 pm.
The polls for the Broadcasting of the Tournaments have completed! We will be Broadcasting LIVE the following tournaments:
- Starcraft 2 - Archon Mode (Thursday & Sunday) - 4pm-9pm Thursday
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Friday & Sunday) - 1pm-9pm Friday
- Rocket League (Saturday & Sunday) - 10am-7pm Saturday
We saw a massive response from the reddit communities of /r/globaloffensive and /r/tf2 for the polls! We hope you love what we have in-store for you. If you're at the Calgary Expo 2016, be sure to come watch or enter the tournaments!
If you want to watch the broadcasts, just head to -> http://tv.lanified.com
The schedule for Stage 2 Finals (Sunday) is as follows:
- 10am - Quake 3 & Starcraft 2 finals begin
- Noon - CS:GO & TF2 finals begin
- 2pm - Rocket League & League of Legends finals begin
See you there! o/
- LANified! gaming details for the Calgary Expo 2016
BloodyIron on Tue, April 19th, 2016 @ 1:21 pm.
LANified! is proud to announce the details for our gaming tournaments at the Calgary Expo 2016!
To find out all about it, just watch : https://youtu.be/EdzL_KYbWJE
Full tournament formats and rules are at : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84389
To vote in which games will be Broadcasted, just head to :
Thursday vote : https://twitter.com/LANified/status/722518945597513728
Friday vote : https://twitter.com/LANified/status/722529384993673216
Saturday vote : https://twitter.com/LANified/status/722529450521329665
Sunday we will broadcast the games that won the above polls.
These tournaments are only open to those who have purchased Calgary Expo 2016 tickets! Buy your tickets today at : http://www.calgaryexpo.com
To watch the live broadcasts, as they happen, head to : http://tv.lanified.com
We're super excited about all this, and we hope to see you there!