No Upcoming Events
- Game Spotlight
- Minecraft Multiverse: Griefing Guards!
BloodyIron on .
Griefing in Minecraft has been a problem for many people, but today we're prepared!
Today LANified! is proud to announce a delicious new addition to the Minecraft Multiverse that will completely address griefing! But the added benefit is that it doesn't "whitelist wall" legitimate players who are interested in joining in on the fun!
But BloodyIron, how can that work?
Well you see, we've moved to a method where everyone by default is in an Untrusted group. Players in that group can connect to any of the Universes in the Minecraft Multiverse, and they can explore, but they can't interact with anything, pick anything up, trigger anything, aggro monsters, or anything beyond moving around and chatting! This mechanism makes it so that interested parties can come see what all the fuss is about, without us having to worry things like hit and runs.
But BloodyIron, how do people get legitimate access then?
Any player who wants to be promoted to the Trusted group must appeal to a Moderator or higher. Having a Trusted player vouch for you will help this process. If you do not know anyone in the Multiverse previously, it is recommended that you get acquainted with the existing players. This will help you decide what part of the Multiverse you want to participate in, and other similar elements. When you appeal to a Moderator or higher be prepared to answer a few questions.
That's it! If you want to know more about the Minecraft Multiverse and how to get in on some awesome Minecraft action, check out: http://www.lanified.com/news/details/84188
- Techno-Wonderland update
BloodyIron on .
We just updated the Techno-Wonderland Universe to version 1.2.9e. You will need to switch your client to that version. We also addressed other lag issues that we were seeing. For full details on how to join in on the Minecraft fun, head to: http://www.lanified.com/news/details/84188
Keep on digging!
- LANified! 17: Early-Bird running out!
BloodyIron on .
ALERT ALERT fellow gamers! Our event is not far away and our early-bird pricing will be available for only one more week!
Come join in on the massive gaming and experience some of the best tournaments around! Not only that, but there will be lots of other gamers at the event. If you're looking for people to play lots of games with and make friends, LANified! events are the place to be!
Do you like to have fun? Do you want to try your hand at competition for cash prizing? Well what are you waiting for?!?! Prepay today to take advantage of early-bird pricing and secure your seat: http://www.lanified.com/events/go/14/11
Do you want to keep up with LANified! announcements? Do you want to help spread the word about our events? Then catch us on social media: Facebook ( http://facebook.lanified.com) Twitter ( http://twitter.com/lanified or @lanified )
- LANified!'s Minecraft Multiverse
BloodyIron on .
LANified! is proud to announce the return of something special, something we've kept going now for years. To be specific, since September 20th 2010.
Today we are taking that thing, and releasing something awesome. Today we launch, the LANified! Minecraft Multiverse!
The LANified! Minecraft Multiverse is taking the minecraft concept to an all new level. We are now running four universes, one of which with three worlds, and all of them providing something different. But not only that, they are all inter-connected! When you are connected to any world in any part of the multiverse you can see everyone who is in the multiverse (on the tab player list), and chat with all of them! But that's just the beginning, let's get to the juicy bits.
The four universes are:
- Quest for Glory
The Legacy universe maintains the legacy world and rules that we have been so vigilant to guard for 3.5 years now. Access to this universe is white-list only, and access must be requested. What you build will stand the test of time, but you must build it with your own hands, and the resources you and your friends gather. PvP is off on this universe. This world has become massive, and there is plenty of room for more players.
The Hydra universe is a universe of connecting worlds for different purposes. The worlds that exist are likely to change in the future, be it add/remove/change worlds. To begin we will have three worlds. One for a fresh survival world (with pvp on). One for hardcore survival (with pvp off), where if you die you get a temporary ban, further increasing the challenge in the game. And an adventure world, where players enter the world to face the challenges of the current adventure.
The Techno-Wonderland universe is a heavily modified universe adding technological and industrial elements to the game. The mod pack we are running on this universe is the Tekkit mod pack, which adds an incredible list of features. A brief summary includes: space travel, piping/pumps/conveyor belts, power suits, energy/liquid ducts, in-game programmable circuits, etc. With so much technology to explore, this truly is a new frontier.
The Quest for Glory universe is another heavily modified universe adding many game elements oriented for the adventure/rpg gamer. Existing monsters have lots more variety in their abilities and behavior, plus lots of new monsters have been added too. The world generates interesting areas to explore and conquer with many new challenges and rewards. With much mystery around this mod pack, this truly is a Quest for Glory. The mod pack that we use is the hexical future pack which is an updated version of the Hexxit pack.
But BloodyIron, how do I get in on all this fabulous fun?
The Legacy and Hydra universes are accessible with the vanilla/Mojang client or the Technic Launcher (download link below), however you will need to use version 1.6.4 of the client. Simply set the correct version and connect to the address of the universe you want to enter.
- In the vanilla/Mojang client, click on "Edit Profile" in the bottom left of the main window. Then about half-way down the new window, there is a pull-down menu "Use version", set this to "release 1.6.4" and hit "save profile". Now when you hit play it will use the 1.6.4 version.
- In the Technic Launcher, select "Minecraft" on the left list, then hit the gear icon just below that. Then select "Manually select a build" and under the "Select Build" list, set it to 1.6.4 and hit save. Then just hit play on the right.
The Techno-Wonderland and Quest for Glory universes require the use of modified clients. We recommend the use of the Technic Launcher as it makes this process very easy. To get the Technic Launcher (win/mac/lin) just head to: http://www.technicpack.net/download
- For the Techno-Wonderland universe, after you launch the Technic Launcher you will find the "Tekkit" pack on the left, select it, hit play, and it will download the mod content for you and launch the client. Then connect to the Techno-Wonderland address (outlined below). Also be sure to stick to the version the server runs (currently 1.2.9e) as newer versions may not work.
- For the Quest for Glory universe, after you launch the Technic Launcher locate the "Add New Pack" section on the left, click on it, and paste this URL in ( http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/hexical-future ). This will add Hexical Future to the list on the left. Now just select it, and hit play on the right. It will download the content and launch the client for you, and then just connect to the Quest for Glory address (outlined below).
But BloodyIron, I need the addresses for the universes! Where are they?
- Legacy - legacy.mine.lanified.com
- Hydra - hydra.mine.lanified.com
- Techno-Wonderland - techno.mine.lanified.com
- Quest for Glory - glory.mine.lanified.com
But BloodyIron, where is the map?
The map service is not yet ready. We are still working on this and are hoping to add this soon.
But BloodyIron, what else do I need to know?
- Do not steal/grief/disregard others on the Legacy server
- Moderators have the ":LAN!:" prefix in chat
- All gamers are welcome, as long as you don't break any parts of the multiverse
- If you have issues with the services please let us know so we can straighten it out
- BloodyIron likes many types of cheeses but prefers 2% milk
- We do this for you, so come have fun with us : )
- The Technic Launcher can be downloaded at - http://www.technicpack.net/download
- We are using Tekkit 1.2.9e currently
- LANified! 17 announced
- BloodyIron on .